PART TIME GALLERY ASSISTANT
We are looking for a creative, driven and hard working person to join our small team on a part time basis. The position offers 2-3 days per week (including at least one day at the weekend) and there is potential for additional days. The role will suit someone who has a passion for art, is highly personable and able to move between different tasks quickly and easily. We are a busy gallery, with regular exhibitions and events, and the job will suit someone who likes working in a fast paced and lively environment. The position combines an active front of house role with responsibility for some of the gallery’s core administrative tasks, and a high level of professionalism and attention to detail is essential.
- Ensuring that all visitors to the gallery feel welcome
- Assisting clients with their enquiries.
- Changing the gallery displays as artworks sell on a daily basis and assisting with the hanging and taking down of exhibitions.
- Entering artwork details into the website database and creating associated paperwork.
- Preparing invoices and paperwork for the accountant.
- Ensuring the client database and website is updated with daily sales.
- Email and phone correspondence with clients and artists.
- Organising local, national and international deliveries of sold work to clients.
- Liaising with artists and organising deliveries of new and returning artwork.
- Assisting with the photography of artworks for the website and social media.
- Assisting with exhibition marketing
- Liaising with artists, advertisers, framers and printers in the run up to exhibitions.
- Assisting with the gallery’s social media accounts.
- Updating the website with the latest news, images and information.
- Packing of paintings and ceramics for postal and road couriers.
- Art and Design knowledge – either through study, practice or long term interest.
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience working in a gallery or a similar customer facing position that is focused on long term relationships rather than quick sales.
- Highly personable, with an ability to listen and respond thoughtfully and appropriately to lots of different people.
- A positive outlook and the ability to respond to challenges proactively.
- Excellent communication skills by email, phone and in person.
- Highly organised and experienced in managing deadlines and priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Suite (Especially Photoshop).
- Social media experience – especially Instagram and Facebook.
- Some flexibility to work outside usual working hours to meet particular exhibition deadlines.
- Confidence using ladders and moderate to heavy lifting.
- Experience using Adobe Indesign, WordPress, Xero.
- Studio Photography Skills
- Driving Licence and Car
Pro Rata Salary of £21,000 – £27,000 dependent upon experience.
- Regular bonuses after one year of employment
- Health Insurance after one year of employment
- Company Pension after three years of employment
HOW TO APPLY
- Covering Letter – no more than 500 words describing why you would like to join our team.
Please email Eileadh at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is the 8th of October at 5pm.